Lindsay Transportation Solutions has been supplying custom, quality wayside signal quad cantilevers throughout North America since 2003.
Lindsay’s wayside signal quad cantilevers are manufactured in Lindsay, Nebraska in a controlled environment utilizing state of the art custom fixtures, and produced by U.S. AWS D1.2 certified aluminum welders also certified to Canadian weld standard CSA W59.2.
Lindsay offers three standard track clearance heights, for all aluminum wayside signal quad cantilever assemblies to present customers for additional options to meet challenging clearance conditions. The two most common track clearance heights are 25’-6” and 28’-6” from top of rail to centerline of bottom pipe in quad cantilever arm assembly. There are times Lindsay supplies a track height clearance of 33’-6” when there is a need for the extra clearance or, in some cases, to install a new quad cantilever behind an existing quad cantilever so the existing quad cantilever can be taken out of service and disassembled later. Typical quad cantilevers come with standard four post masts with standard bolt spacing of 19” square with the main vertical mast pipes being arranged in a square 48” between centers. Quad cantilevers can be provided up to 64’ in length. Lindsay also offers standard quad cantilever masts in steel with 28’-6” track clearance heights. For a non-standard mast configuration contact Lindsay Customer Service.
- One or two level quad cantilever arms
- Two level quad cantilever arms can be supplied with a third level table top to accommodate three wayside color signals per track signaling systems
- Can be configured as one way or back to back configurations with any of the potential signal locations safely blocked off for future use, if required.
- Two basic rectangular shape quad cantilever arms; the most popular design is 4’ wide x 6’ tall (48” x 72”) but some customers prefer a 4’ wide x 7’ tall (48” x 84”) rectangular shape quad cantilever arm to allow for four position aspect wayside signals to accommodate a full view of the backgrounds.
- All quad cantilever arms are constructed out of 6061-T6 aluminum pipe and for quad cantilevers up to 64’ in length, the most common size main arm is 4” or 5” Schedule 40 pipe reinforced with 2” Schedule 40 pipe horizontals, verticals and inner diagonals to generate a solid truss configuration.
- Pre-engineered with camber built into the flange connections to raise the tip end of the cantilever so under maximum loading requirements the quad cantilever arm will not progress beyond horizontal to maintain required track height clearance at all times.
- Inner walking surface of the quad cantilever is a comfortable 34” with the walkway being constructed out of extruded aluminum plank with grooves, punched slots, and integrated inclined V shape cleats on the walking surface to counteract slipping. Utilizes an aluminum 1” sch40 6061-T6 pipe for the inner arm handrail with the top rail being set at OSHA recommended 42” from top of walkway, and the mid-rail 20 ¼” from top handrail.
- Fabricated Aluminum Junction Box
- Flange Bolt Assemblies
- Ladder Guard
- Ladder Lock Bracket
- Mast and Arm Pinnacles
- Rodent Plates
- Rodent Filler Brackets
- Ladder Safety Climbing Cable Kits
- Ladder Cage
- Safety Jury Mast Tie-Offs on Arm
1. Structural loading:
- Wind Loading: Meets A.A.S.H.T.O 120mph specified by AREMA.
- Live Load: Meets A.A.S.H.T.O of single load of 500 pounds as specified by AREMA.
- Ice Load: Meets A.A.S.H.T.O of 3 pounds per square foot around all surfaces as specified by AREMA.
- Horizontal: Meets A.A.S.H.T.O maximum horizontal deflection of 3 degrees 15 minutes as specified per AREMA
- Vertical: Meets A.A.S.H.T.O maximum vertical deflection to not exceed 6 inches as specified by AREMA.
- Quad cantilever arms: Aluminum 6061-T6 pipe. Pipe sized by requirement.
- Quad cantilever masts: Aluminum 6061-T6 pipe. Pipe sized by requirement.
- Quad cantilever masts: Steel A-36 pipe. Pipe sized by requirement.
- Walkway: Aluminum extruded, grooved, punched slot, and inclined vertical V notch planking 6061-T6.
- Handrail: Aluminum 6061-T6 angle 2” x 2” x ¼” posts and top handrail with aluminum 6061-T6 angle 1 ½” x 1 ½” x ¼” mid-rail. Inner arm handrail is 1” sch40 aluminum 6061-T6 pipe.
- Base plate: Aluminum 6061-T6 1 ½” thick with 19” x 19” bolt spacing.
- Base plate: Steel A-36 1” thick with 19” x 19” bolt spacing.