Lindsay Transportation Solutions has been supplying custom, quality wayside signal bridges throughout North America since 2003.
Lindsay’s wayside signal bridges are manufactured in Lindsay, Nebraska in a controlled environment utilizing state of the art custom fixtures, and produced by U.S. AWS D1.2 certified aluminum welders also certified to Canadian weld standard CSA W59.2.
Lindsay offers three standard track clearance heights, for all aluminum wayside signal bridge assemblies to present customers for additional options to meet challenging clearance conditions.
The two most common track clearance heights are 25’-6” and 28’-6” from top of rail to centerline of bottom pipe in bridge arm assembly. There are times Lindsay supplies a track height clearance of 33’-6” when there is a need for the extra clearance or, in some cases, to install a new bridge behind an existing bridge so the existing bridge can be taken out of service and disassembled later. Typical bridges come with standard two post masts with standard bolt spacing of 19” square with a distance between masts of 67”. Bridges longer than 130’ in length require a quad mast. For a non-standard bridge mast configuration contact Lindsay Customer Service.
Lindsay offers one and two level bridge arms and the two level bridge arms can be supplied with a third level table top to accommodate three wayside color signals per track signaling systems. Bridges can be configured as one way or back to back configurations with any of the potential signal locations safely blocked off for future use, if required.
- 48” x 72” rectangular bridge arm
- 48” x 84”rectangular bridge arm available by request
- Allows for four position aspect wayside signals to accommodate a full view of the backgrounds.
- Constructed out of 6061-T6 aluminum pipe and for bridges up to 100’ in length the most common size main arm is 4” or 5” Schedule 40 pipe reinforced with 2” Schedule 40 pipe horizontals, verticals and inner diagonals to generate a solid truss configuration.
- Pre-engineered with camber built into the flange connections to create an arch type of appearance so under maximum loading requirements the bridge arm will not progress beyond horizontal to maintain required track height clearance at all times.
- Inner walking surface of the bridge is a comfortable 34” with the walkway being constructed out of extruded aluminum plank with grooves, punched slots, and integrated inclined V shape cleats on the walking surface to counteract slipping. Utilizes an aluminum 1” Schedule 40 6061-T6 pipe for the inner arm handrail with the top rail being set at OSHA recommended 42” from top of walkway, and the mid-rail 20 ¼” from top handrail.
- Aluminum Fabricated Junction Box
- Flange Bolt Assemblies
- Ladder Guard
- Ladder Lock Bracket
- Mast and Arm Pinnacles
- Rodent Plates
- Rodent Filler Brackets
- Ladder Safety Climbing Cable Kits
- Ladder Cage
- Safety Jury Mast Tie-Offs on Arm
1. Structural loading:
- Wind Loading: Meets A.A.S.H.T.O 120mph specified by AREMA.
- Live Load: Meets A.A.S.H.T.O of single load of 500 pounds as specified by AREMA.
- Ice Load: Meets A.A.S.H.T.O of 3 pounds per square foot around all surfaces as specified by AREMA.
- Horizontal: Meets A.A.S.H.T.O maximum horizontal deflection of 3 degrees 15 minutes as specified per AREMA
- Vertical: Meets A.A.S.H.T.O maximum vertical deflection to not exceed 6 inches as specified by AREMA.
- Bridge arms: Aluminum 6061-T6 pipe. Pipe sized by requirement.
- Bridge masts: Aluminum 6061-T6 pipe. Pipe sized by requirement.
- Walkway: Aluminum extruded, grooved, punched slot, and inclined vertical V notch planking 6061-T6.
- Handrail: Aluminum 6061-T6 angle 2” x 2” x ¼” posts and top handrail with aluminum 6061-T6 angle 1 ½” x 1 ½” x ¼” mid-rail. Inner arm handrail is 1” sch40 aluminum 6061-T6 pipe.
- Base plate: Aluminum 6061-T6 1 ½” thick with 19” x 19” bolt spacing.